KINGS POINT, N.Y. (April 10, 2018) – In each of the past three days, USMMA senior attacker Pat Coll (Clifton Park, N.Y.) earned three big weekly recognitions for the week ending April 8. On Monday, he was named the Skyline Conference Men's Lacrosse Player of the Week, before being selected to the USILA Division III National Team of the Week on Tuesday and finishing out the honors with an ECAC DIII Metro Regional Offensive Player of the Week nod on Wednesday.
Coll becomes the third different Mariner to be named to the National Team of the Week – senior Nick Treon (Danville, Pa.) was selected on March 13 and freshman Kyle Buser (Babylon, N.Y.) earned the accolade on March 27.
The honors come after his performance in the Mariners' 15-11 home Skyline victory over Farmingdale State this past Saturday, April 7. Coll recorded his eighth hat-trick of the season, as he led all players with five goals in the win. He also dished out one assist to tie for the game-high of six points. It was the senior's fifth-straight game (and sixth of the season) with six points. The attacker also picked up four groundballs in the victory.
Coll continues to rank high among the national leaders, as he is fifth among all DIII players with 4.00 goals per game and 20th with 5.00 points per game.
Three other Mariners rank in the top-15 in the country. They are listed below.
- Treon is the national leader with 6.78 points per game, while his 3.22 assist per game rank fifth and his 3.56 goals per game are good for 14th.
- Buser leads all face-off specialists in the nation with a .782 winning percentage and his 12.00 groundballs per game rank third.
- and junior Jack Renard (San Clemente, Calif.) is 15th in the country with a .512 shot percentage.
As a team, the Mariners rank in the top-15 in the nation in eight categories.
- First in the country with a 1.000 winning percentage (tied with just four other teams) and lead all DIII teams with a .754 face-off winning percentage
- Third in the nation with 43.22 groundballs per game and 18.22 goals per game (scoring offense)
- Fourth in the country with a 9.89 scoring margin and a .379 shot percentage
- Sixth in DIII with 27.22 points per game
- and 13th in the nation with 9.00 assists per game
For the complete release from the Skyline Conference, click here. To view the USILA DIII National Team of the Week, follow this link. You can read the ECAC weekly release at this link. Merchant Marine's full NCAA statistical rankings can be accessed here.
The Mariners are back in action this evening, when they travel to former Skyline-rival Montclair State for a non-conference matchup with the Red Hawks. Opening faceoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at MSU's Sprague Field. Live stats and a live video feed of the game are available with links on the USMMA Men's Lacrosse Schedule Page.
Receive USMMA Men's Lacrosse News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA men's lacrosse team, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at email@example.com with the subject "Men's Lacrosse E-Mails."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!