KINGS POINT, N.Y. (Jan. 10, 2018) – The U.S. Merchant Marine Academy men's swimming & diving team defeated Skyline Conference opponent St. Joseph's of Brooklyn on Wednesday night at the O'Hara Hall Pool by the final score of 121-14. With the victory, the Mariners improve to 4-1 (4-0 Skyline), while the Bears fall to 0-8 (0-5 Skyline) with the setback.
Like the women's team, the men won every single event on the night. Below are the list of winners for USMMA.
- Sophomores Nolan Monahan (Stafford, Va.) and Maximilian Haubrich (Grayslake, Ill.), junior Christopher Kahl (Solomons, Md.) and senior Jordan Weaver (Olive Branch, Miss.) in the 200 medley relay in 1:43.00
- Sophomore Michael Moore (Los Alamos, N.M.) in the 1000 freestyle (10:46.49)
- Monahan in the 200 free (1:49.86)
- Sophomore Maxwell Sommervold (Sioux Falls, S.D.) in the 50 free (23.28)
- Freshman John Cairns (Durham, N.C.) in the 100 individual medley (56.55)
- Freshman Gillem McMillan (Knoxville, Tenn.) in both the one-meter dive (241.43) and the three-meter dive (240.60)
- Freshman Jake Breschi (Perry Hall, Md.) in the 100 butterfly (54.98)
- Weaver in the 100 free (50.37)
- Freshman Jack Higgins (Needham, Mass.) in the 100 backstroke (1:01.13)
- Haubrich in the 500 free (5:04.67)
- Kahl in the 100 breaststroke (1:05.03)
- and the 200 free relay team of freshman Jack Welch (Chesapeake, Va.), sophomore Zachary Hess (Vernon, Conn.), Haubrich and junior Jack Olsen (Milford, N.H.) in 1:31.57
The Mariners return to action this Friday night, Jan. 12, with a non-conference meet against perennial powerhouse NYU in Manhattan. Diving action is set to get underway at 5 p.m., while the swimming begins at 6 p.m. at the Violets' Palladium Athletic Facility. A live video stream of the meet will be available at this link.
Receive USMMA Men's Swim & Dive News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA men's swimming & diving team, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Men's Swim & Dive E-Mails."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!