KINGS POINT, N.Y. (March 29, 2017) – The USMMA tennis team lost to arch-rival Coast Guard, 7-2, on Wednesday afternoon at the Brooks Stadium Courts. In defeat, the Mariners fall to 3-2 overall on the season, while the Bears improve to 3-1.
Below were the complete results from the match.
1. James Hicks (Haddon Heights, N.J.)/Daniel Zakrevski (Forest Hills, N.Y.) def. Hackett/Phillips, 9-8 (7-5)
2. Errington/Bahney def. Jordan Kendall (Winter Haven, Fla.)/Geri Villan (Yonkers, N.Y.), 8-5
3. Melampy/Wicke def. Justin McGaffigan (Quincy, Mass.)/Matthew Schwartz (Dunkirk, Md.) 9-7
1. Hicks def. Hackett, 6-3, 6-3
2. Hu def. Zakrevski, 7-5, 7-6 (7-3)
3. Melampy def. Kendall, 6-3, 6-0
4. Bahney def. McGaffigan, 6-0, 6-3
5. Phillips def. Villan, 6-4, 6-3
6. Arthur Wicke def. Daniel Kim (Porter Ranch, Calif.), 6-0, 6-1
Up next, the Mariners will host Skyline Conference opponent Mount St. Mary this Sunday, April 2. First serve of the doubles competition is scheduled for noon at the Brooks Stadium Courts.
Receive USMMA Tennis News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA tennis team, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at email@example.com with the subject "Tennis E-Mails."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!
Tennis Suffers 7-2 Setback To Coast Guard On Wednesday