KINGS POINT, N.Y. (Feb. 7, 2018) – On Monday evening, the Skyline Conference announced that U.S. Merchant Marine Academy sophomore Kaleigh D'Arcy (White Plains, N.Y.) earned a spot on its weekly honor roll for women's basketball for the week ending Feb. 4. This is the third time this season that D'Arcy has been recognized by the conference, having been selected as the Player of the Week once (Jan. 22) and to the weekly honor roll two other times (Nov. 27 and Jan. 8).
The honor comes after her performances in the Mariners' two games last week – a 61-30 home win over Yeshiva on Tuesday night and a 71-61 home loss to Mount St. Vincent on Saturday. D'Arcy averaged a double-double on the week with 18.0 points and 13.0 rebounds per game to go along with 10 assists, five steals and four blocks over the two games.
The sophomore had a game-high 19 points and 18 rebounds (which was a career-high) in the home win over the Maccabees on Tuesday night, while also dishing out five assists and registering three steals and two blocks in the victory. It was her third double-double of the season. She followed that up with a team-high 17 points to go along with eight boards, five assists, two steals and two blocks in the loss to the Dolphins on Saturday.
Among all Skyline players, D'Arcy is one of six Mariners to rank in the top-10 in the conference in a statistical category. Her 15.7 points per game rank seventh, her .446 shooting percentage ranks sixth, she is tied for seventh in the league with 1.2 blocks per game and tied for ninth with 2.6 steals per game.
The other Mariners that rank in the top-10 are listed below.
- Sophomore Shelby Peters (El Dorado Hills, Calif.) is fifth in the league with 10.3 rebounds per game and third with 1.9 blocks per game.
- Senior Gabrielle Salazar (Memphis, Tenn.) is the Skyline leader with a 1.3 assist-to-turnover ratio and ranks third with 3.1 steals per game and fourth with 4.0 assists per game.
- Senior Tichina Carmon (Greenville, N.C.) is fifth in the league with a .705 free-throw percentage and 10th with 8.3 rebounds per game.
- Freshman Kiana Vega (El Paso, Texas) ranks seventh in the league 3.7 assists per game and is tied for seventh with a 1.0 assist-to-turnover ratio.
- Sophomore Taylor Hightower (White Plains, Md.) ranks ninth in the conference in both rebounds per game (8.4) and blocks per game (1.0)
The Mariners will play host to the Gryphons of Sarah Lawrence College tonight, Wednesday, Feb. 7, beginning at 7 p.m. at the Liebertz Gymnasium. Live stats and a live video feed of that contest will be available with links on the USMMA Women's Basketball Schedule Page.
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!